Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Annie I Remember

Sunday Thomson and I visited his great-grandmother, my Annie Mimi. She was as beautiful as ever and, according to my dad, having a really great day. She was having a snack when we arrived and we took her to her room, which is brand new and beautiful. She seemed peaceful and I was so grateful that the staff seemed to be paying individual attention to her. She was enamored with Thomson and couldn't keep her eyes off of him. I couldn't sleep on Sunday night because my mind was filled with sweet memories of her.

April 20th she will turn 97.

Annie you may not remember me, but I remember you. I remember the books that you would read to Erin and me and the make-believe stories you captivated us with. I rememer Christmas Eves at your house and our family skits. I remember playing for hours with you in your creek, sitting on your bridge and hearing stories about your troll. I remember your love for travel and the wonderful places that you and Papa Brooks visited. When I went to the Philippines you were my biggest supporter. You loved Africa, told me about David Livingston and your time there. I will always cherish your African batiks.

I remember. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet post, natalie. I know your visit meant alot to her even if she doesn't remember everything. How sweet that she has great grand children to love on!

    ReplyDelete

Followers