Monday, August 9, 2010

Something to brag about

We have a 9-month doctor's appointment tomorrow and in a last-ditch effort to have something to brag about, AKA 'crawling' - I gave Thomson a workout last night. I have tried to promote crawling with rolling toys, blocks, cheering, pushing, and even TV. Last night I had a genius idea and I tried FOOD! Baby boy loves food and I thought it would make for the perfect way to entice him to the other side of the mat. I felt a little mean but I threw him some scraps along the way. Here is how it played out:


Checking out the scene, mapping out his plan . . .


Reaching . . .This is exhausting!Got one!Yummy!So proud of myself!Seriously mom?Meltdown . . .
This turned into a serious meltdown. It was very close to bedtime and we had to skip the bath and go straight to PJ's and a little BabyBeethoven. Am I a mean mom? He is not any closer to crawling than he was before this edible exercise. For the moment, I am enjoying these last few weeks of an immobile baby and a non-baby-proofed house!

4 comments:

  1. He may just skip crawling altogether and start walking! Brooks army crawled for 2 months, crawled for about 2 weeks and then starting walking! It sure does change things! He is sooo adorable and I can't wait to see him this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pics are so sweet! though i might have rescued him once i saw the meltdown photo-soo pitiful!! good try but no more mean mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not a mean mama!! Everyone told me to entice Lucy with food but it didn't work! She never crawled...went from scooting on her bottom to finally walking. I'm sure he will be crawling in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, he is just too, too precious. Second of all, with AG I would literally try enticing her with the tv remote AND my cell phone (both favorites, she is SO not allowed to touch). NOTHING worked. And then, of course, when I went away for a girls weekend, she took OFF for her dad! SO unfair. But literally, it happened out of nowhere (right at 10ish months), so not to worry....it'll click and he'll take off!

    ReplyDelete

Followers