Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Baby Sams

Well I am 15-weeks pregnant and still have not written a word about it. I guess I have hesitated a little bit. Partly because I don't know what to write and partly because I have so many thoughts. We have intentionally kept the sweet ultrasound on the counter as a daily reminder to both of us that there really is a tiny thing growing with hands and feet and a beating heart. Some days this just reminds me to drink more water, other days it stops me to really think about what we are getting into.

I have some fears and some days I feel overwhelmed. I have been dreading the inevitable rude comments that seem to gravitate to me when I am pregnant. I have been watching friends with two young babies to see how our life will look. I have been trying to wrap my head around what went wrong with Thomson's delivery and finally put it behind me. We are blessed with fertility and are mindful of our many friends who are struggling with it right now. I have been enjoying quiet days with just me and T and have been planning our fun summer together. But mostly I am excited about where this journey will take us. Far, far from our quiet newlywed days in Virginia, I know. But to a place, I think, with daily rewards and blessing.

"From the fullness of His grace we have received one blessing after another." John 1:16

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Evie simply cannot wait to meet new baby Sams. He/She is thought of often and I already love him/her to pieces. Natalie, you are right, you are so blessed with the ability to carry a healthy baby. I can't wait to come be nurse Erin again this summer!!! Woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your honesty, Natalie and for letting us come along for the ride. Love to you and new baby Sams. Praying for freedom from fear and worry for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah for baby dos!! Love your writing. Love your babies and love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers