Monday, March 14, 2011

16 months a few weeks late!

We have been busy busy and having lots of fun! Thomson took his first few steps around 16 months and every day since then he is walking more and more - we don't sit down all day long! Mom took Thomson and Lee shoe shopping last week for red Keds. They had a ball and I think the store was glad to see us leave :)








His favorite toys right now are stuffed animals, push toys, especially his grocery cart, his wagon, books, and anything that plays music. And all of a sudden he LOVES Bates. I think because he is standing up now so he doesn't have to duck and cover when Bates runs up to lick him. He chases Bates around the house. Today I showed him how to pull his toy behind him when he walked and he was so excited, he thought it was chasing him!


We play every day "ousside" with Bates and Thomson's favorite wagon. He pushes the wagon, loads up toys, and I pull him around and around the yard. Yesterday Gus and I set up his water table and it was hours of fun!
Thomson is very attached to Gus all of a sudden. He has always LOVED when dada comes home for lunch and after work, but now he has separation anxiety for him. I have started spelling "G-U-S" to avoid a meltdown during the day. Maybe my next child will be mama's boy? Gus and I have switched cars and so all day long Thomson runs to the back door, sees the Tahoe and starts saying "Dada"
I am busy trying to get a lot of things settled before I get so big (and hot) that all I want to do is park on the sofa or sit in the pool! We are starting to set up Thomson's big-boy room. I wanted something he could grow into, so we decided on a hunt-country theme. Dada is excited to display some of his prize animals in Thomson's room . . . Pictures to come.


We have still not talked about baby names, besides one of us saying "We really need to start talking about baby names". He might be called bro-bro for the first year or so. That would be cute, right? :)

Here are pictures from Touch-A-Truck this weekend. Thomson loved the tractors the most:Thomson with Hagan Barrow - hopefully the last time in the back of a police car!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers