Sunday, March 6, 2011

Flowers...

Gus went to the farm today and came home with an arm full of daffodils, one of my favorite spring-time flowers, perfect in an old mason jar on the counterLast week for our anniversary Gus brought home orchids. Orchids are great, they will bloom for months in the right light and with just a little watering. Here is a trick to dressing up grocery-store orchids - do you know the gross plastic hair clips that hold them up?

I like to take them off and tie them with twine or raffia

Voila - much better, enjoy for months (unless you don't water like me). I also usually replace the sticks with curly willow or bamboo but I didn't have any on hand this week
And one more thing about orchids - when I pick them, I look for one that is partially blooming and partially budding, it will last much longer. Also - this one is pretty but I would have picked one that is shorter and better proportioned, the really tall ones can look leggy. That's just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers