Monday, December 6, 2010

green beans gussied up

So I said I would be back soon with a recipe. These are my favorite Green Beans that Gus' parents make often. I think it is an old, modified, Cooking Light recipe. They are healthy and pretty. I made them for a new mom last week. When I cook it is kind of loose and I follow my own rules, but here is the approximate recipe!

Note: This makes two pans - you can cut this in half if you want only 1 pan.

Ingredients:
2 bags frozen french-style green beans
8 - 10 Roma tomatoes
1 bag Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
2 onions, sliced thin (not diced, sliced!)
2-3 tbsp Basalmic vinegar
Dash of Sugar
2 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Thyme
Salt and papper to taste


1. Cook green beans according to package. Place in the bottom of your dish.

2. Saute onion in a little olive oil until caramelized. Next add basalmic vinegar and deglaze pan. Add basil, sugar, oregano, thyme, and a little salt and pepper. Layer over the green beans. (Note: don't use too much basalmic or it will get drippy. You want the basalmic to soak into the onion)
3. Slice the roma tomatoes and layer over the onion mixture

4. Top with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes until cheese is brown on top.
Yum! Enjoy. I am cooking a new chicken recipe in the crock pot tonight, it smells so good! If it taste just as good, I will post the recipe! I am into crock pots these days!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Those look really good! Post lots of recipes - I need some new ones and you are a great cook!

    ReplyDelete

Followers