Sunday, December 5, 2010

More thoughts and a party

More thoughts on Thomson:

You are ticklish everywhere, everywhere!

You eat a lot and are usually not very picky. We do try to keep it bland, though.
You love when Gus comes home and when we look out the window and see Bates running around the yard

You love to be outside
You have 7 teeth and 1 more coming in this week

You are crawling and pulling up on furniture but only to your knees - I guess that is far enough for you!

The bubble party was a lot of fun! Erin brought a borrowed bubble machine that was the best! If you ever need a bubble machine, look for one called "The Gazillion". It blew hundreds of bubbles the whole time and all the kids loved it!

Thomson's cake was just a cheap one from Publix. This was a party on a budget! At publix they give you a free smash cake when you order a regular one. I had them keep it plain and just put his monogram on it. For the big cake, they did white icing and I decorated it myself.

I had a hard time finding tablecloths for the card tables, and because I never learned how to sew, I bought navy felt and cut it with pinking shears. They turned out perfect!

We served BBQ from Johnny's in Marietta and snacks for the kids: raisin boxes, applesauce, goldfish, juice boxes.

Aunt Evie and Uncle DJ came all weekend and helped us make PomPom decorations that we hung everywhere to look like bubbles! We put a few on the front porch and mailbox. Thomson loved his cake and ate it with both hands. I had to cut him off after he ate half! I don't think we have any pictures of him looking at the camera because he was so intent on the cake!
Check back next fall for details on Thomson's tractor party!
Mr. Gus is going to give all the kids a ride . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers