Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! Is anyone still reading this blog? My resolution for 2011 is more posts!!!


We had a great Christmas - it was quiet. Santa didn't come but he left a note : "Dear Thomson, Better Luck Next Year, love, Santa"


Gamma and Gampa came and brought over lots of fun presents, Thomson's favorite was a wooden firetruck with 5 firemen that are magnetic to the inside. He thinks the magnets are pretty cool! He also started saying a new word: Firetruck...although he omits the ire and tr. Read between the lines people! If you hear Thomson saying this word, he didn't learn it from me!!! He has been saying it over and over, luckily not in public yet.


Here are some videos - from Christmas morning and yesterday. Thomson started pulling up to his feet about two weeks ago and then he started walking along furniture. He is very proud of himself. We have been practicing walking behind push toys but I have to hold the front end so it doesn't go too fast. This has been typical of all of Thomson's gross motor development, he does things very slowly and intentionally. Notice on the walking video how slowly he sits down at the end - he hates to fall on his bottom so he looks like an old man sitting down. It cracks me up every time!




And even though it is as much an anti-war song as it is a Christmas song, this one is my favorite Christmas song, (writen by Henry W. Longfellow during the Civil War). Verses 1, 4-5


I heard the bells on Christmas day
Their old familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good will to men.


And in despair I bowed my head
"There is no peace on earth," I said
"For hate is strong and mocks the song,
Of peace on earth, good will to men"


Then pealed the bells more loud and deep
"God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
the wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."

4 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! He does sit down like a grandpa.... You could tell he tried to a few times before he actually did. And I love hearing him say,"Uh oh!" So sweet. I miss that little man. Snuggle him for me. Love, Evie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Thomson! Love seeing him do his thing. Glad to see you figured how to get the videos off your camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just tee-teed myself at firetruck! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am CRACKING up!! The firetruck thing is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Followers