Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Love

Aunt NatNat has a new love! Brantly Ross Smith was born this morning, 7 lbs 3 oz and a head full of the sweetest dark hair I have ever seen in my life. He is my dream baby!
Sweet Emilie has had a tough day but she is starting to feel better as the medicine wears off. I am praying for a night of really good sleep for her and Whit! Lee is excited to be a big brother but was most excited that little brother already gave him a present: a real saw! He promises not to cut the baby, only chairs and rugs and things. (Just kidding it is a toy saw, but he is still not allowed to cut the baby!)
It is so nice to have a sister one short step ahead of me in this parenting game. Yes that's right, one short step ahead of me, as in 6 months ahead of me. We are having a baby August 4th! So Emilie taught me a lot today about what that will look like, a scheduled c-section, what to do with Thomson, how to sweetly ward off visitors until she gets to feeling better . . .
All the way to Atlanta yesterday I stared at Thomson in the rear-view-mirror and wondered how in the world I could ever love anything as much as I love him. It doesn't seem possible at all. I fear that Thomson took all of the good looks and personality and I can't imagine what good genes could be left for this new person. I fear a lot of things these days, but like I said, it is comforting to have the sweetest mom I know, Emilie, right ahead of me and giving me a beautiful picture of what my life will look like a few months from now.

I am off to dream of Brant . . . more on baby Sams later

6 comments:

  1. BABY SAMS!!!!! Hooray for you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, possibly the sweetest post ever Nat. Your heart melts me. I am so, so lucky to have you as a friend- and can't wait to be one of the visitors you TRY to ward off (unsuccessfully, of course). I will happily bring Thomson a toy hammer too :) xxoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a new baby Sams! Thank you for such a sweet post about baby Brant. He is lucky to have the sweetest aunts in the world : ) You are an encouragement to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sams family! That's awesome.

    - Kari

    (PS - I just found your blog via Abby's.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for your news and such a sweet post! What a beautiful new baby too! Hope you are feeling well...and I am certain there are PLENTY of great genes left b/w you and Gus...this new baby is going to be such a blessing and addition to your family!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers