Thursday, October 14, 2010

He longs to be gracious to you

Thomson and I have started going to CBS this fall - Community Bible Study. I am in a small group of sweet women with an encouraging leader. It is so good for me to get out of the house and fellowship with these women, even though Thomson misses his morning nap and it makes the rest of the day pretty hard.

I woke up this morning and asked God to speak to me today. And He did. And I wanted to share it with you that you might be encouraged as well. Last week at CBS, Kim Carmack referenced Isaiah 30:18:

"Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you,
And therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you,
For the Lord is a God of justice,
How blessed are all those who long for Him."

I was so struck by this verse - that God longs to be compassionate to ME. So I wrote it down last week and tucked it away. And today God made it real to me.

After bible study I went to pick up Thomson from the nursery. He was happily playing when I walked in, and his face lit up with this huge smile, and I melted. It is a hard feeling to describe, but nothing is better than knowing that Thomson could choose anyone or any thing to love the most, but he loves ME. Why? Because I am his mother, his provider, his best friend and companion. I teach him things and show him new things. I know everything about him. I know exactly what he needs, even before he asks for it.

When I walked into the nursery, Thomson didn't look down at the toys and say "But mom I am still playing, I am not ready to go". And he didn't look at Ms. Sandra and want to go to her. He looked right at me, squealed with happiness, and reached out his arms for me to pick him up. And that is just what my heart longs for - and what God longs for from us. God on high loves us and is so glorified when we choose to see Him as the best of the best. That everything on this earth - every material posession, every goal we think we should obtain - it all pales in comparison to Him. And yet he longs for us!!!

It reminds me of John Piper, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him". Nothing on this earth comes even close to His splendor and nothing we can buy or make or obtain on this earth is even close to our inheritance from Him. Even though it all looks really pretty from this angle.

Happy Friday - I'll be back soon with a yummy recipe!!!

5 comments:

  1. that is one of the most beautifully written posts I've read Nat. So perfect. Thanks for sharing those words. And I love the new photo of Thomson- the longalls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest story, Nat!! You have such a beautiful heart. LOVE the header pic of Thomson ~ he is so delish!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet : )

    Love the new picture of Thomson. Still really need some pictures of him! Could I maybe get one of these?!?!

    1 week until the big birthday : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Thomson, thank you for teaching your sweet mommy how much you love her and how much God loves her! You are such a blessing to all who know you. And Aunt Evie LOVES your new ducky outfit. I can't wait to see you Friday and give you SNUGGLES!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers