Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Genius

It drives me crazy how much Halloween candy costs. Yes they have sales this time of year, but a big bag of chocolate candy can be around $10 or more! And yes, I am cheap, but I think I found a way to keep the Little Treaters happy and stay on budget this month. Answer: Pixie Sticks!
The sugar candy is way cheaper than the chocolate. 1 bag of pixie sticks is on sale at Target this week for $2 and it comes with 120 sticks! We can give 3 sticks per kid, and I am sure we won't have more than 40 Treaters. And this way I can keep Gus in check - he likes to give lots of handfuls of expensive chocolate to cute children. Am I cheap? Yes. Smart? Yes. And I think the kiddos will like it too!

P.S. The cute felt kitty bag is also from Target - T's trick-or-treating bag this year!

4 comments:

  1. Good idea Natalie!

    Lee has been saying "Nat Nat" and "Gusss" A LOT lately : )

    Gusss is my favorite word he says!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, indeed! Looks like T is about to be a year old?!? Please post your party pics afterward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. going to target today! you are my smartest friend ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am making a big sign that says, "TRICK OR TREATERS NOT WELCOME- WE ARE CHEAP!" to hang on your front porch.

    ReplyDelete

Followers