Tuesday, November 23, 2010

So much to be thankful for

I know, I know. I haven't posted in forever and I have SO many things I need to post, especially Thomson's birthday, my birthday, and I still have a recipe I have been meaning to share . . .

We had an eventful weekend. Both Gus and I got a stomach bug on Saturday night and were so so sick all night long. I started getting sick when Thomson was in the bathtub. Sweet thing crawled over and pulled himself up to the edge of the tub and started patting my arm. Sunday was a tough day for all of us.

Yesterday we awoke with new energy, Gus headed off to work and I was ready to tackle cleaning the nasty house and catching up on laundry.

Fast forward to Thomson's morning nap, and luckily he was sleeping in my closet (don't judge). I opened the laundry room door and black smoke poured out and set off the fire alarms in the house. I of course panicked, ran to get Thomson and the dog out of his crate and called 911.

The firefighters got here in less than 5 minutes and ran in with oxygen tanks and full suits. The whole house had smoke - but they realized quickly that it was just our old washing machine. They got it out of the house but left a mess behind - black water all over the floor and loads of laundry wet and messy. Yuck.

But this being Thanksgiving week I have chosen to be thankful even though I feel a little defeated. I am thankful:


That our smoke detectors are working

That Thomson was asleep in my room and not his room (next to the laundry room)

That the firefighters were so gracious and helpful, and quick!


I am so thankful that only Gus and I got the bug and not Thomson

I am thankful for my sweet sweet mother-in-law, who came to our rescue Saturday night with bags full of medicine, gingerale, saltines and chicken soup

And now I am thankful that we both feel better and can enjoy my mom's turkey and dressing on Thursday!


Promise to catch up with everything this week and more of what I am thankful for! And I have some great pictures to post! Please everyone check your smoke detectors!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is scary! So glad everything was ok. And, that you and Gus feel better. Can't wait to see y'all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh Nat. What a week sweet friend!! Hoping for a less eventful next week for you!
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that "Sweet Thing" patted your arm while you puked next to him... I hope he never loses that sweetness! I am thankful for YOU!!! You are my favorite sister ever and my best friend. I had fun with you this week!

    ReplyDelete

Followers